Monday August 12 2019
News Source: Global Exchanges
Focus: General - Global Exchanges
On 05th August 2019, the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and Singapore Exchange Regulation (SGX RegCo) jointly developed a practice guide to assist brokers in developing and implementing good practices in their trade surveillance operations.
While the practice guide may be based largely on findings and observations in relation to the trade surveillance operations of securities brokers, it is relevant to derivatives brokers as well.
The objectives of the practice guide are to:
- Present the findings and observations of MAS and SGX RegCo on brokers’ trade surveillance operations;
- Outline the guiding principles essential to effective trade surveillance operations for brokers;
- Recommend good practices to be adopted and highlight poor practices to be avoided by brokers;
- Suggest self-assessment questions for brokers to assess the adequacy of their trade surveillance operations; and
- Describe common types of suspicious trading activities and how to identify them.
Click on the above link for further information.